We are looking for people to volunteer to support our campaign to eradicate racism in Scottish Cricket
With the upcoming independent review led by SportScotland, a window of opportunity to lead progress change in our sport is here. To drive this forward, we’re looking for individuals who share a passion for equality in cricket to support our cause.
We’re looking for volunteers to
- Act as representatives, interfacing to the key cricketing bodies, to lobby for our asks and support them with the changes required to improve their structures, procedures and decision making.
- Support with media, press (experience required) or social media.
- Support in getting pledges from other individuals and bodies to support and promote the campaign.
We also intend to provide a role in supporting those with lived experience of racism in cricket to come forward during the independent review, as well as providing our own evidence into the process. This team will be separate from the campaign team, to ensure confidentiality and the safeguarding of individuals can be assured.
We are looking for people to support with
- Acting as advocates and supporters for individuals nervous about coming forward and/or wanting support during the process itself.
- People willing to spend time working with others to research the data available to assess trends which demonstrate indicators of racism in different systems and processes within the sport.
Full training will be provided for those wishing to act as representatives or advocates. We will take as much or as little time as people feel they can offer to support this.
Also, if you have specific skills, or ideas, that you feel you can bring to the campaign not listed above, we would also love to hear from you. If you’d like to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will get back to you.
Finally, we’ve launched a GoFundMe page to support the costs of the campaign. This will go towards training for advocates supporting the investigation, research into the data which will highlight trends and issues, and the upkeep and maintenance of the website.